Women Build 2022, Chipola Habitat’s premiere event, is June 9th and 10th.
Women Build is a national initiative to provide safe and decent homes for families in need of affordable housing. By recruiting, educating and inspiring those in our community to fundraise and build, lives are transformed.
Our campaign spotlights the homeownership challenges faced by women and addresses these issues head on through the collective power of women across the community.
All women who want to learn how to build and construct a home are invited to join us. No experience is necessary. Volunteers work under the guidance of construction professionals, and alongside other volunteers and future Habitat homeowners. Whether you are learning new skills or simply adding a few to your tool belt, this is a rewarding experience for all involved, and improves the community that we share.
Chipola Area Habitat for Humanity is excited to welcome you to Women Build 2022! Before we embark on this adventure, here are a few things to help you prepare:
The 2022 Women Build construction event will take place on June 10th and will happen on the 700 Block of East Boulevard, Chipley, FL 32428.
Build day check-in will open at 7:30 a.m. and the workday will end at 4 p.m. Water, snacks, and lunch will be provided.
There are a few requirements for attire on the build site:
- Closed-toe tennis shoes or boots are required.
- Wear clothes you will not mind getting dirty.
- Sturdy pants such as jeans are best. Avoid skirts or leggings.
- Wear work gloves and hard hats. Chipola Habitat will provide them.
- Light colored, cotton clothing and a hat are recommended due to heat.
- Sunscreen is always a good idea.
- Jewelry is discouraged as it can get damaged or lost very easily.
- Please do not bring purses, pets, or children to the work site.
Parking attendants will be on site to direct traffic flow and parking. If you need additional assistance due to disability or injury, please reach out to our staff via email@example.com to make special arrangements.